Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday Party for my Mom

my mom in the middle


crazy angle view of the table


I love my mom, and these days I feel pretty grateful for our relationship. She turned 65 at the end of January, so my 2 sisters and I threw her a little party. There were 9 of us, including my mom's sister, her ex-sister-in-law (because when you love your sister-in-law you don't have to divorce her too) two cousins, my sisters and (of course) me.

We had a lovely brunch of; egg casserole, Baked Blueberry French Toast (thanks Aimee!), fruit, scones and coffee (the most important food group, i think). The food was good but the conversation and laughter was the best!

When it was time for the birthday gifts, my sisters and I surprised our mom with a piece of jewelry. Not just any jewelry, but a hand made silver charm necklace spelling out each of my mother's daughter's names with their children's names on each charm respectively.

Gorgeous.

I can't wait till next year, when we will celebrate my mom's birthday again. I do have this sneaky suspicion that she will probably be turning 65 again.


fabulous charm necklace


2 comments:

Aimée said...

Wow, gorgeous table setting and the food looks worthy of a Martha Stewart Magazine spread!
Glad you tried the bread pudding. I just made it again.

Brenda said...

What a lovely party! Happy Birthday to your mom!